EverWeb version 2.0 has just been released to the public and includes the highly anticipated blogging feature!
Great News For iWeb Users
For Apple iWeb users, EverWeb version 2.0 is the release many have been waiting for. It’s headline feature of a fully integrated, feature rich blogging experience comes with a look and feel that’s immediately familiar and intuitive to iWeb users. You can import your blogs from iWeb in to EverWeb at the touch of a button. Your blog entry headings, creation dates and main body text (including font styling) are transferred over easily. For those using WordPress blogging, EverWeb version 2.0 can import them in the same manner.
Key EverWeb version 2.0 Blogging Features
Whilst EverWeb’s new blogging feature retains an iWeb look and feel, there are still many new and improved features. EverWeb version 2.0 includes a blog post editing window to add and format your text, add images, hyperlink text, create lists, paragraph headings, quote levels and more! The Editor window is great for adding features specific to each blog post. You have all the tools bloggers expect with the convenience of a Toolbar to access commonly used features.
As well as the Editor Window, there’s also the Preview window. This window is where you can add features that you want to apply to all of your blog posts, e.g. social media buttons. Drag and drop the object that you want on to the Preview Window and it will then appear on all blog posts. In many ways it’s like using a Master Page.
There are a lot more features to discover, many of which can be found in the blog’s Widget Settings. For now though, here’s a summary of EverWeb 2.0’s main blogging features:
- Automatic lists
- Image wrapping
- Justified text
- Comments using Disqus or Facebook Comments
- Importing iWeb & WordPress blog posts
- Embedded media including video
- Automatic Google Fonts
- Automatic RSS feed creation and more!
Other EverWeb version 2.0 Features
Whilst blogging is the massive new feature of EverWeb 2.0, there are also some other great additions to the product!
- The Toolbar has been relocated from the bottom of the UI to the top. This is good news as it’s better for your workflow. Once you’ve used it for a day you’ll never want it back at the bottom!
- The new Contact Form Advanced widget that will help you create super advanced contact forms you can fully customize. The new Widget includes ten form ‘Controls’ so you can add questions to your contact form using drop down menus, radio button or checkboxes. You can include default values in Text Controls to help visitors via pre-filled text. All Contact Form Advanced options are easy to use as you would expect. The regular Contact Form remains in place for simple forms.
- Character Spacing has been added to the Spacing section of the Text Inspector so you can now stretch out text horizontally. Great when you need to tweak the the look of your text!
- A new RSS Subscribe button has been added on the Insert-> Button menu so your visitors can subscribe to your EverWeb or external blog.
- The EverWeb User Manual has been updated and improved and includes info on blogging in EverWeb. As a small new feature, you can now access the Manual directly form the Projects Window as well as from the EverWeb Help menu.
For more on the new EverWeb version 2.0 and a new look EverWeb website, go to the EverWeb website to see it’s new blogging feature in action!
For information about updating your version of EverWeb to the new version 2.0, check out the official EverWeb version 2.0 announcement.
If you’re looking for EverWeb tutorials about the new version, there are preview videos on YouTube to enjoy.
If you have a question about the new version of EverWeb, let us know in the Comments section below. We’ll have lots more on EverWeb 2.0’s new features in the near future for you!Blogging, Character Spacing, Contact Form Advanced, EverWeb 2.0, launch