EverWeb version 2.2 has just been officially released with some great new features added as well as lots of minor tweaks and fixes.
The main highlight of EverWeb version 2.2 is the addition of the new animation engine that lets you easily add animation effects to objects such as text, shapes, images and most widgets. There are 16 different animation effects to choose from in the Shape Options. Just select the object you want and tick the ‘Animation’ box!
In addition to animation effects, there’s a new ‘distance to object’ feature added to this release. Just select an object then press and hold the Alt key whilst mousing over other objects to see the distance (in pixels) between the objects.
The Audio and Image Slider widgets have also get some additional features in the new release.
Here’s the full list of new and improved features in EverWeb version 2.2!
- New Animation Engine with 16 different animation effects
- New Distance to Object feature
- Updated Audio widget with looping, play audio on page load, sound level controls
- Updated Image Slider widget with dark ‘previous/next’ arrows and centered thumbnails
Other Enhancements and Fixes
- EverWeb work much better with large projects and uses much less memory
- Fixed issues with copy and pasting styled text from Chrome into EverWeb
- Fixed site wide Header/Footer code fields replacing certain characters automatically while typing
- Fixed blank paragraphs in text objects having their font and style information removed when closing and re-opening a project
- Fix for forward delete keys
- Fixed Contact Form Advanced to use proper form address
- Fixed minor blog archive widget issues
- Fixed Blog post image with spaces in its name not being exported properly
- Fixed issue with blog images breaking when moving a project to a new computer
- Fixed a memory leak on macOS Sierra that would cause EverWeb to slow down after using it for a while and publishing your website
- Images for regular, color filled rectangles are no longer generated on publish, making publishing faster.
- Moving a Project to/form a retina screen will draw the images and widgets correctlty
- Fixed error message when adding the blank template and EverWeb is in the Downloads folder instead of the Applications folder.