One of the most popular feature requests for EverWeb over the past few years has been for it to be available on Microsoft Windows. At the end of 2022, this became a reality with the introduction by RAGE Software of EverWeb for Windows!
PreRequisites for Running EverWeb for Windows
The first release of EverWeb for Windows came with the introduction of EverWeb for Mac version 3.9.1. EverWeb for Mac and Windows are always in synch with their version numbers and release timings but of course each has its own build number.
To run EverWeb for Windows all you’ll need is a PC running Windows version 10 or higher.
Below are the options available to you depending on whether you have already purchased EverWeb for Mac or not:
- If you’re a Windows user, just install EverWeb for Windows from the EverWeb website. See below for more info.
- If you already have an active EverWeb+Hosting account plan then EverWeb for Windows is absolutely free! So, two for the price of one!
- If you have an EverWeb Standalone product for the macOS you can purchase a Multi Platform License through your EverWeb Client Area. This is a one time, $29.95 USD purchase. This license also applies if you run only EverWeb for Windows but later need to run EverWeb on a Mac. In your EverWeb Client Area, click on the Services button, then click on your EverWeb Software (Standalone) product. On the next screen, click on the ‘Upgrade/Downgrade Options’ button on the left hand side. You will see on the following screen there is a column called ‘New Configuration’ with a dropdown menu. Click on the dropdown menu and select the ‘MultiPlatform License’, then press the ‘Click to Continue’ button to proceed to the Checkout. That’s all you need to do.
Downloading and Installing EverWeb for Windows
To use EverWeb for Windows, first download the app from EverWeb’s Download page. Once the EverWebSetup.exe file has been downloaded, just double click on the downloaded file to start the Installation Wizard. Follow the instructions to complete the installation
EverWeb for Windows supports the same languages that you find on the Mac version: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazilian), Simplified Chinese, Spanish, and Swedish. The one difference though, is that EverWeb for Windows can be installed with a language that differs from that of the operating system. On the other hand, the macOS language is used as the language for all apps that run on the OS.
There’s an installation video available on the EverWeb YouTube Channel too!
If you haven’t purchased EverWeb yet you can use the full product and enjoy all of EverWeb’s features. The only exception is that you will not be able to publish your website to the Internet or even locally without purchasing the product first.
Starting with EverWeb for Windows
If you’re new to EverWeb, check out the following EverWeb resources to give you a fast start:
- The EverWeb Website EverWeb’s own website is a great place to find all of the resources you need to get started all in one place. Check out the Resources menu where under the EverWeb Video Tutorials menu option you’ll find a wealth of video tutorials to help get you started. There are also videos for more advanced users as well as focus videos on topics such as e-commerce, widgets and much more!
- EverWeb User Manual If you’re starting out with EverWeb, one of the best places to begin is with the EverWeb User Manual. When you first launch EverWeb you’ll see the link to the manual in the bottom left hand corner of the first screen (the Projects Window) that you see. The manual will take you through step by step, all of the major features of EverWeb so that you can quickly and easily build and publish your site. You can also always access the User Manual through the Help menu.
- The EverWeb YouTube Channel EverWeb’s YouTube videos highlight what’s new with each EverWeb release, as well as spotlights on features and how you can achieve what you want when building your site.
- EverWeb on FaceBook Stay Up top date with all the latest news, plus the latest EverWeb news and videos as well as third party features.
- EverWeb on Twitter Want to keep up to date but don’t have time for FaceBook? Then Twitter is your ideal choice. Information and updates summarized to meet your time needs!
- EverWeb User Forum The forum is the heart of EverWeb’s user community where you can post questions, request features to be added to EverWeb, report bugs, see all product announcements and find out more about what’s available in the the EverWeb Third Party Community.
- EverWeb Blogs As well as our own blog on EverWeb, there’s EverWeb’s own blog on the EverWeb Website, useful information about new products and features on Rage Software’s website (the makers of EverWeb) and other third party sites such as iWeb Unlimited.
- Third Party Resources There’s a wealth of third party resources at your disposal such as widgets and theme templates to enjoy. Third parties add to EverWeb’s ecosystem so can help you find solutions to your website’s design goals! Checkout sites such as EverWeb Garden, EverWeb Power Up, EverWeb Galleries and EverWeb Widgets to see what’s out there! And don’t forget that there’s also a third party section in the EverWeb User Forums to help you stay up to date!
If you’re completely new to EverWeb, the above resources should give you a fast start! Don’t forget, though, that with an active EverWeb license you also get access to EverWeb Support 7x24x365.
If you’re already an experienced EverWeb for Mac user and are now using the Windows version as well, stay tuned as we will have more soon on how to use EverWeb under both platforms!
If you have any questions about EverWeb, please let us know in the Comments Section below! Happy EverWebbing!