I posted on 19 May that I was writing a series of posts entitled 21 Days to a Better iWeb Site and that registration would be open soon after I had completed some testing. Well I am happy to report that the testing has finished and registration is now open for the complete program. All you have to do is complete the form at the end of this post and sit back and relax until Wednesday when you will be able to see the first post, all about selecting the right theme for your iWeb site.
What’s the 21 Days to a Better iWeb Site all about?
A few months ago I decided that I needed to redesign my other iWeb related site, themesforiweb.com. There was nothing wrong with the current site as it stands but I felt it was a little too close to the design of AAi and, dare I say it, too Appley!! It’s all clean and white with sans-serif fonts everywhere; I wanted a change. Not only that but when I move back to the UK (yes at long last I am going back to Blighty) I want to continue creating themes so creating a new platform for them to be displayed on will be key.
The 21 Days to a Better iWeb Site series follows the steps I undertake each time I build an iWeb site, from picking the right theme for the subject, designing the separate pages, adding various bits of web bling, SEOing it all up and then publishing. Rather than publish 21 different and difficult to follow, code filled tutorials each post is more of an discussion to try and make iWeb users think about their site before charging head first in to an site and then regretting it all later on. That said there are a few posts which will give you some code to add to an HTML Snippet; Adding SexyBookMarks on Day 19 is one example.
- Day 1 – Picking the right iWeb theme for your iWeb site.
- Day 2 – Preparing the ground for your iWeb site.
- Day 3 – Your iWeb site’s home page.
- Day 4 – Building the perfect About Me page.
- Day 5 – iWeb Photo pages.
- Day 6 – Adding movies to your iWeb site.
- Day 7 – Writing an iWeb blog.
- Day 8 – Producing podcasts for your iWeb.
- Day 9 – Let’s consider other iWeb pages.
- Day 10 – Navigation your iWeb site.
- Day 11 – iWeb headers and footers, the right way.
- Day 12 – An iWeb store, selling things on-line.
- Day 13 – Get testing, make your iWeb site work.
- Day 14 – Getting ready to go live.
- Day 15 – Get your iWeb site on Google.
- Day 16 – Favicons and other nice bits.
- Day 17 – Publishing your iWeb site.
- Day 18 – iWeb site promotion.
- Day 19 – Adding some social bookmarks.
- Day 20 – RSS Feeds in iWeb sites.
- Day 21 – Make your iWeb site mobile.
The whole series starts on 1 June, that’s this Wednesday, so now is the time to signup. If you’re quick you might be one of the first 21 to apply, in which case the package (oh and did I mention you will be able to download all the of the lessons as a PDF and/or eBook when it is all complete so you can refer to it whenever you want) is available for just $21.00. Once the series starts the price will go up a bit to $30.00. As they say on the TV “Don’t delay, sign up today!”
I will be publishing other posts along side the 21 Days series that will be available to everyone and which are designed to complement the series too, so in reality you will be getting more then 21 Days worth of lessons.