Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a key tool to use to keep your EverWeb made website visible and high up in search engine results. We all use our browser’s search feature every day to find the goods and services we want to purchase, to find information or to answer our questions. So for your own website, you will want search results to have your site’s pages listed as high as possible in search results! This is where SEO can help you!
Does Your Website Need SEO?
There are many different, and diverse, reasons as to why SEO may be relevant, and important to your site:
- Increased Visibility and Traffic: SEO helps your website rank higher in search engine results pages (SERPs). When your site appears at, or near, the top of search results, it’s more likely to be clicked upon, leading to increased organic traffic.
- Better User Experience: SEO can help provide your visitors with a better experience. Optimizing your site’s structure, content, and navigation makes it more user friendly, which can lead to higher satisfaction among your audience.
- Credibility and Trust: Websites that appear at the top of search results are often perceived as more trustworthy and credible.
- Implementing SEO best practices can help build trust with your audience and establish your site as an authority in your industry or sector.
- Cost-Effectiveness: Compared to paid advertising, SEO is a cost-effective strategy for long-term success. While it requires an initial investment, the ongoing benefits can outweigh the costs over time.
- Targeted Traffic: SEO allows you to target specific keywords and phrases relevant to your business. This means that the traffic coming to your site is more likely to be interested in your products or services, leading to higher conversion rates.
- Competitive Advantage: If your competitors are investing in SEO and you’re not, you may lose potential customers to them. On the other hand, if your site is optimized, you can gain a competitive edge in the online marketplace.
- Adaptation to Algorithm Changes: Search engines, such as Google, frequently update their algorithms. Staying on top of SEO practices will help your website adapt to such changes and ensure that your site remains visible and relevant.
- Mobile Optimization: With the increasing use of mobile devices, search engines prioritize mobile-friendly websites. SEO includes optimizing your site for mobile, ensuring a seamless experience for users on various devices.
- Analytics and Insights: SEO tools provide valuable data and insights about your website performance, user behavior, and market trends. This information can guide your decision-making process and help you refine your online strategy.
Built In SEO Tools In EverWeb
EverWeb’s been designed as a drag and drop website builder that includes complex features made user friendly. As such, features such as SEO are not generally explicitly highlighted. The goal here is to make SEO just a part of the product, so filling in fields in the Page Settings tab of the Inspector Window, such as Web Page Description, should be completed whether or not SEO is of interest to you.
Whilst SEO is not explicitly highlighted, you have a couple of great resources to use if you are interested in adding some SEO features to your site. The first is the SEO for EverWeb video course which is available from the EverWeb website and also from Udemy. Your second resource is the EverWeb User Manual which has a complete chapter devoted to how to use SEO in your site.
SEO PowerUp Addon – Extra Tools For More Effective SEO Targeting
Whilst the core SEO features of EverWeb enable you to add SEO in to your website, SEO PowerUp Addon adds more features so that you can hone your SEO targeting, making your pages more SEO efficient and effective. Here are some of the other benefits of using EverWeb SEO PowerUp:
- Optimizes your website for search engines.
- Enables GZip compression on the server for EverWeb+Hosting customers, for faster loading websites.
- Automatically creates an XML Sitemap which speeds up your web site’s inclusion in search engines.
- Allows you to assign priority and frequency to your website’s pages according to the sitemap protocol.
- Automatically creates the robots.txt file.
- Submits your site to Google, Yahoo, Bing and Alexa notifying them of the updated site each time you publish something new.
Check Page Makes SEO Easier
Using SEO PowerUp’s, new in EverWeb 4.0,Check Page feature is super simple to use, as you would expect from EverWeb! Simply select the page that you want to use Check Page on, then click on the Check Page button. The page you selected will be scanned, after which you will see a list of SEO Suggestions for the page.
There are different categories shown by the icons on the left hand side of the SEO Suggestions window. If you have successfully completed an SEO field, you’ll see a tick icon. If there are any items that would be beneficial to complete you will see a warning triangle sign. Essential fields that should be completed have an octagonal icon next to them. In addition, some fields may, or may not, be beneficial to include and these are represented by an Information icon.
To start, select any of the suggestions that need attention. Use the icons to guide you as to which suggestions are most important to complete first. When you click on a suggestion, a second dialog box will appear giving you helpful advice on how to complete the field in question. Note also that the dialog box itself is context sensitive so appears next to the field that should be attended to.
Complete the suggestions that require attention. Remember, there’s no obligation to complete every suggestion. Sometimes it may not be necessary, or desirable, to do so. Everyone’s SEO requirements differ, so make the best decision for your situation. It’s also not necessary to scan every page in your site either, just scan the pages that are most important to you.
When completing your Suggestions, you can re-run the Check Page check again at any time to see how you are progressing. After you have finished, publish your website. The effect of your changes may take some time before they filter through to your analytics.
Lastly, remember that you should review, and update, your site’s SEO on a regular basis.
If you have any questions about SEO in EverWeb, Check Page or EverWeb in general, please let us know below in the Comments Section!